6 Short Stories

by Scott Kurtz

* * *
Vanity

Though I have loved
(the odd occasion)
I mostly loved myself.

Though I have loved
(for recreation)
I mostly loved myself.

I mostly look
(at my reflection)



* * *
The Chase

"There are but two things,"
He said, while grinning,
"There is the running
And there is the winning."

Humanity:
A race
To chase
The wind.

Catch it. You will find
It slips and it becomes
A thing you never had
(or never even had in mind)



* * *
Everything Has Been Done

we're all still naked
living in a garden
of our own imagination.
we think we're wearing clothes
but everything has been done
and we're all still naked.



* * *
Someone To Blame

If I do not accept a gift
then maybe it does not exist!
And I created everything!
It's in my mind! I am My Self!

What hope is there?
And who will answer my questions?
Hopelessness suffocates
a life without Grace.
Grace makes room for dependence.

Someone to blame
for all my pain.



* * *
untitled

Show me what belongs to you
I'll ask you
What's the point?
You own the things you've earned,
And you've earned the things you'll get,
And I don't know what that is
just yet.



* * *
untitled 2

On a long enough timeline
the survival rate is zero .
I'm dying.

I'm resigned to my hate
and my mind (I never learn) ever.
I'm ok.

I'm dying (wasting away)
and I'm ok (with it)



* * *
Untitled 3 (exit music)

I saw an exit.
To my left.
But it goes down.
A thousand feet.
I cannot help.
But feel.
I'm trapped.
Inside.
my.
shape.

I.
need.
escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home